Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crocheting...my new obsession

My friend Anna taught me how to crochet a few weeks ago.  I enjoy it because I can take it anywhere with me.  I crochet while Wes is driving, when we're watching a movie, or when I'm waiting for something or someone (an appointment, a friend, etc.).  I love arts and crafts of all forms, but some of them are really pricey.  Between that and my previously busy nursing school schedule, I have not done much crafting the last couple of years.  I have made baby blankets and burp rags and have done several alterations, but that's about it!  I found that crocheting is very inexpensive.  The yarn for Wes' scarf cost me $2!  The crochet hook cost me $1, and I can use it as many times as I want.  Anyways, here the things I have made so far:



This is the scarf I made for Wes.  I used the single crochet stitch, but I 
just went through the top part of the chain, not the whole thing.
That's why the scarf has lines.  I used the 5.5mm crochet hook.


Here's a close up on Wes' scarf.


This one I made for a little boy.  I used the double crochet
stitch on this one and went through the whole chain. I
used the 5.5mm crochet hook on this one too.


This one is for a little girl.  I used the double crochet stitch on this one too, but I only
went through the top part of the chain.  As you can tell, this scarf is a lot looser.  I love 
the tightness and precision of the other two, but they are not very soft.  I used
the 6.5mm crochet hook on this one and I didn't pull my stitches so tight.  I like the
result: it's soft an it took me half the time!

How to: start any scarf with the chain stitch

How to: scarf with single crochet

How to: scarf with double crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment